I don’t know about you guys, but I love the look of straight hair, but I definitely don’t want to damage my hair by straightening it every day and it also requires some time (that I don’t always have) … Girls, forget about your flat iron, read on if you want a simple, easy way to straighten your hair without the heat! xoxo
1. Wash you hair the night before. It’s important that you do this so that your hair will be damp and clean.
2. After showering, do not blow dry hair. Make sure your hair is wet, then towel dry until it’s damp. It shouldn’t be soaking wet, but it shouldn’t be dry either.
3. Have 15-20 elastic hair bands on hand, depending on the length of your hair. Do NOT use rubber bands, only ones with a fabric outer coat so that you don’t damage your hair.
4. Separate your hair into 2-4 equal sections. If you have thin hair, use 2. If you have thicker hair, use 4.
5. Start with one section. Clip/tie the others back. Take a hair band and tie the section as you normally would to make a pony tail at about ear/neck level. Tie another right below the first one without leaving any gaps until you reach the end of the section. Try not to have any hairs sticking out.
6. Repeat the last step on all of the sections. Be careful and pay attention to any stray hairs.
7. Go to sleep. Get a good night’s rest with your bands in!
8. Get up early in the morning if you have to do some extra styling. If you did it right, your hair should be straight! Of course, it won’t be pin straight as if you used a flat iron, but it should come out looking as you want it. There most likely will be a dent near your ears and neck from where the first band was tied. To avoid this, use softer bands at the top of your sections.
9. If needed, add some hairspray or anti-frizz. Frizz prone hair might get a little crazy, but this can keep it under control.